UPDATED November 2014
There are far, FAR more than 5 reasons to be excited about the Disneyland Resort during the Christmas season. From attraction overlays, to holiday food, to holiday fireworks, the reasons seem endless. But these are the five reasons I think you should be especially excited about Christmas at Disneyland Resort:
1. Holiday Time at Disneyland Resort Tour – This was such a fun tour! Definitely one of the best at the resort and only available during the holiday season. Not only do you get exclusive treats, an exclusive pin, and premium VIP seating at the parade, but you also have front-of-the-line privileges to all the holiday overlay rides! Click on the link above for a full review.
2. Special Holiday Rides – Speaking of ride layovers, there are three wonderful ones all at Disneyland – it’s a small world holiday, Jingle Cruise, and the classic Haunted Mansion Holiday. All are fun and special AND disappear in Jan 2015 so go on them today!
3. World of Color – Winter Dreams – In case you thought that only Disneyland was getting the best holiday upgrades, how about this? An entirely new World of Color show! Called World of Color – Winter Dreams, it features Olaf from the movie Frozen. Set on the waterfront of Paradise Pier, this show makes it’s holiday return from a successful premiere last year. Make sure to get your Fastpass for the show early in the morning (right after you get your Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers).
4. Freshly Made Candy Canes – You might think, really? Why would you look forward to this? Go down to the store and buy some for a dollar. But this is a holiday tradition and for those in the know (and that means you), you don’t want to miss out on this. Only 120 are made per day, four days a week, and you have to get a wristband just to buy ONE! Read all about my candy cane experience here on the Disney Nerds blog.
5. Candlelight Processional – Simply an amazing, AMAZING show. The wait is not for the feint of heart, but if you’ve never seen it and Christmas is a special holiday for you, it’s definitely worth it. You can read about my experience from 2013 here just by clicking the link above.
These are my top five reasons to be excited about Christmas at Disneyland this year. Hope to see you at the Park and Merry Christmas!!!