Celebrate Disney+ Day on November 12th with a whole slew of new content!
To commemorate the second anniversary of the streaming service launched on the same day back in 2019, Disney+ will be releasing brand new shows as a big “thank you” to subscribers. There will be something new for each of the iconic brands coming out on that day so whether you are a fan of Disney animation, Marvel Studios, Star Wars, Pixar, or National Geographic, you’ll be happy as a clam.
So far, Disney+ Day content slated to come out includes:
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise will no longer be a premium option but available to all subscribers
- Star Wars fans will rejoice with a special celebrating the origins and legacy of Boba Fett (perhaps leading up to previews of the upcoming The Book of Boba Fett?)
- Disney Animation is releasing a series of new shorts called Olaf Presents where he shares his take on several classic Disney tales
- Pixar is sharing an animated short film called Ciao Alberto featuring characters from Luca
- Disney+ is releasing original content with Home Sweet Home Alone – a “reimagining” as they call it of the beloved film
- National Geographic is sharing the first five episodes of The World According to Jeff Goldblum
Disney has also said throughout the day there would be “breaking news” – although if you’re planning on it months in advance is it really “breaking?” There will be first looks (again hoping for more on Boba Fett), new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars. Disney did mention there would be a special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe with “an exciting look towards the future” but remained vague on the details, but considering the slate of content they have planned for 2022 including Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Secret Invasion, it is likely to include at least some of these properties.
What are you most looking forward to on Disney+ Day?