What are your favorite Disneyland foodie treats?
Since the Disney Parks Blog came up with their own version of Disney Foodie delights, I thought I would share my top 10 favorite foodie treats as well. Many of them overlap with their official foodie guide, but I think you’ll find some hidden gems in my list you’ll need to try for yourself. Keep in mind these are through the entire Disneyland resort. I could have included more like Sprinkles Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (many feel these are better than most gluten-filled chocolate chip cookies). I didn’t put in the corn dogs from The Little Red Wagon. There wasn’t room for the bread cones at the Cozy Cone Motel. How many of these have you already tried?
- #10 – Cinnamon Bun from Jolly Holiday Bakery – A classic favorite. Seriously, no one makes a better cinnamon bun. I’ve looked and tasted many (for evaluation purposes only of course) and this is the best. By far.
- #9 – Uva Bar Lamb Burger – The most tender and juicy burger cooked with love and affection. Paired with feta cheese and a lemon-dill aioli is just wonderful. And the garlic fries are among the best ever.
- #8 – Bite-sized Beignets from Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express – It is hard to make their classic beignets better, but then they had to go and make it bite-sized. If you love the crunch of the outside with the soft interior surrounded by the magic of more powdered sugar than you know what to do with, this version is made for you.
- #7 – Pork Belly Skewer with Jungle Julep from Bengal Barbecue – I’ve loved Bengal Barbecue since it opened when I was a cast member, but the new Pork Belly Skewer takes taste to another level. So tender and jam-packed with flavor. Each bite is an explosion of taste in your mouth. The Jungle Julep is simply a great way to pair it with something to drink.
- #6 – Fried Chicken Sandwich with Tater Tots and Baked Beans at River Belle Terrace – All the flavor of fried chicken in a hand-held sandwich and without the grease of most fried foods. Just tender, juicy, mouth-watering chicken surrounded by flavorful fried coating in a bun that isn’t too bready and perfect sides. A real treat.
- #5 – Lobster Nachos from Lamplight Lounge – Admittedly, I still haven’t tried these AT Lamplight Lounge, but I had plenty in the space it currently occupies which used to be Cove Bar. A true delight, the combination of lobster (they don’t skimp) with the black beans, crema, and other toppings makes this a truly tasty, savory bite from beginning to end.
- #4 – Mickey Mouse Club Hat Dessert from Jolly Holiday Bakery – It sounded good from the description. Chocolate mousse cap with vanilla creme brulee filling? Yum. But the description didn’t do it justice. Each bite was heavenly. I wanted another right away.
- #3 – Multi-flavored Dole Whip from Tropical Hideaway – As if the regular Dole Whip wasn’t good enough, now they had to add blended flavors at Tropical Hideaway – and it is SO yummy! If you haven’t tried it yet, you’ll love it. It’s like taking a 10 and making it into an 11 on the yummimess food scale.
- #2 – Gingerbread Cookies from Jolly Holiday Bakery – I love gingerbread and have tried many but this is by FAR the best ever. Whether in the park or not, this treat is worth tracking down. They sell these in the park at Jolly Holiday Bakery during the Christmas season and at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, so you can now find it there, too. If you like gingerbread, you’ll love this soft, chewy, yet rich in flavor version with icing on the back and front.
- #1 – Monte Cristo Sandwich and Mint Julep (non-alcoholic) at Cafe Orleans – Simply the best. If you’ve never tried the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans, you are missing out on the best foodie favorite. Basically a donut stuffed with ham and cheese, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with grape jelly (oh, and fruit because we want to be healthy). I always have the Mint Julep which is sweet without being cloying. Just the right touch of sweetness.
So these are my favorites, and hopefully, if you haven’t tried them all, you’ll give one or two a try. You won’t regret it. Am I missing any of your favorites? Let me know so I can try them, too!